Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Praying out of helplessness

                                                  Sree Sree Guru Gaurangau Jayatah!
"Srila Bhativinode Thakur has said in his writing `Hari he, prapance pariya, agati hayiya, na dekhi upaya ara…'- `O Supreme Lord Sree Hari ! Being helpless due to fall in the pit of tremendous worldly suffering, I am at a loss to find out a way to get out of it. I take shelter at Your Lotus Feet because you are the only resort of a miserable and helpless person like me. I have got no qualities by which you can grace me. I have got no good deeds, no knowledge, no quality of performing devotional forms and worshipping you. I am devoid of all qualities but only hope for me is that you are All-Merciful, graceful. I am a destitute. I can only pray your causeless mercy. I am immersed in the ocean of births, deaths and threefold afflictions being drifted by the forces of evil words, evil mind, anger, relishing delicious food and also forces of desires to fill the stomach with good dishes and for sex-enjoyments. I am tremendously tormented by these evil desires. I am trying my utmost to control these evil propensities but I am undone, I have lost all hopes. You are the Lord of the helpless, I am calling You. I can only depend on You, there is nobody else to rescue me.' These words of Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur are applicable to me and also to other sincere souls who want to be rescued"


--- His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Goswami Maharaj

No comments:

Post a Comment